Monday 13 April 2009

appointment Wednesday 8th April 2009

Hello again

Well on Wednesday, I went to the hospital for an appointment with the fertility nurses, both me and my boyfriend, Matt had to attend.

We were asked a series of questions, from previous relationships, to how many operations had we have.
During the appointment, I ws given Provera, to induce a bleed, as PCOS has ruined my cycle, so much so I don't actually have a cycle anymore! Once the bleeding commences (haha) I will be off to the hospital for some blood tests to see if I am ovulating and then will have a HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) to check if my fallopian tubes are ok and not blocked etc.

Following the appointment, I am now booked up to see a dietician, a counselor to help me with my weight, and advice on diets x Also, I have got to go for an internal scan at the end of this month.

All in all, after this appointment I have come away feeling very positive about everything, and really now believe my BFP(big fat positive, pregnancy) won't be too far away.

I know this may sound a little daunting, especially if you are reading this and you are new to PCOS, but believe me, you will get used to it, and there isn't much to be worried about :) The doctors and nurses dealing with this, see it every day, and so therefore you should feel relaxed about it all xx

Good luck with your journey

Love

Emma xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment